Among the 1.8 billion Muslims around the world, a major part is youth right now. Amid the Covid-19 pandemic, the OIC Youth Capital Dhaka will be inaugurated with aims to bring the youth and their spirit together from every corner around the world. With online participation of the youth from 75 countries, the Youth Capital Dhaka programs will be inaugurated by the Honorable Prime Minister of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh, Her Excellency Sheikh Hasina.
MC starts the program with Intro.
Recitation from Holy Quran.
16:06-16:11 On Air
AV presentation on Dhaka OIC Youth Capital 2020 welcome on board with Dhaka.
Speech from Mr. Md. Zahid Ahsan Russel MP, Honorable State Minister, Ministry of Youth and Sports, Bangladesh.
Speech from Hon’ble Youth & Sports Minister of Qatar.
16:27-16:32 On Air
Audio Visual Presentation of Dhaka, OIC Youth Capital 2020 yearlong program.
Speech from Mr. Taha Ayhan, President, Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF)
16:39-16:41 On Air
Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF) Audio Visual Presentation
Speech from H.E. Azad Rahimov, Hon’ble Minister of Youth and Sports of Republic of Azerbaijan
Speech from Dr. A. K. Abdul Momen MP, Honorable Foreign Minister, Bangladesh.
16:56-17:01 On Air
Audio Visual presentation dedicated to 100 Birth centenary of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman "Mujib as a Youth Icon” and announcement for applications of Bangabandhu Global Youth Leadership Award.
Speech from H.E. Yousef bin Ahmad Al-Othaimeen, the OIC Secretary General.
Speech from the Chief Guest Sheikh Hasina MP, Honorable Prime Minister, Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh.
Chief Guest will announce the formal opening of Dhaka OIC Youth Capital 2020 and also announce the Key Handover Ceremony.
Key Handover Ceremony by Mr. Md. Zahid Ahsan Russel MP, Honorable State Minister, Ministry of Youth and Sports, Bangladesh.
End of Inauguration Program
27 July, 2020 | 19:30-21:00 LIVE
Session 1: COVID-19 Crisis - Youth and Technology in building a resilient future.
Welcome Remark: H.E. Md. Zahid Ahsan Russel MP, State Minister for Youth and Sports, Bangladesh
Key- Note Speaker: H.E. Sudipto Mukherjee, Resident Representative, UNDP Bangladesh and Mr. Anir Chowdhury, Policy Advisor of a2i, ICT Division
Moderator: H.E. Masud Bin Momen, Foreign Secretary of Bangladesh.
- H.E. Harry Verweij, Dutch Ambassador to Bangladesh – Climate Change: the next battle field for humanity.
- Mr. Sheikh Fazle Fahim, President, Federation of Bangladesh Chambers of Commerce and Industries (FBCCI) – Youth opportunities in the National Stimulus Package.
- Dr. Hamid Rashid, Chief of Global Economic Monitoring at the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs – COVID, Youth and Emerging Economic Order.
- Dr. Sebastian Groh, Managing Director, SOLshare Ltd: Hot Skills: Post COVID.
28 July, 2020 | 15:25-18:00 LIVE
Session 2: Virtual Tour to the Rohingya Camps. In collaboration with UNHCR, IOM and University of Cambridge.
28 July, 2020 | 18:00:18:45 LIVE
Session 2: Rohingya Case in ICJ: The Road to Accountability and Justice
Key Note Speaker: H.E. Abdulhamit Gül, Minister of Justice, Republic of Turkey
Moderator: H.E. Md. Shahriar Alam MP, Hon’ble State Minister for Foreign Affairs, Bangladesh
- Prof. Dr. Payam Akhavan, Counsel to the Gambia and Professor of Intl. Law at McGill University : Perspective on Humanitarian Rights.
- Professor Imtiaz Ahmed, Department of International Relations, University of Dhaka : Genesis of Rohingya Genocide.
- Ms. Antonia Mulvey, Founder and Executive Director, Legal Action Worldwide (LAW) : Rohingya: The most persecuted population in the world.
28 July, 2020 | 18:46:18:50 LIVE
Summit Concluding Remark & Vote of Thanks by H.E. Md. Akhter Hossain, Secretary, Ministry of Youth and Sports, Bangladesh
Watch the program live on
Sign up to receive updates and news of ‘Dhaka OIC Youth Capital 2020’ events and activities!