Dhaka OIC Youth Capital Film Awards
Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF), an international organization affiliated to the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), announces the call for application for film festival issued by the hosts of the “Dhaka OIC Youth Capital 2020” International Programme. The contest aiming to bring together young filmmakers from Muslim communities living in OIC geography and other countries of the world. The contest will be held in Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh through online platform. The participants will submit only Documentary film for the contest.
THE FESTIVAL’S MAIN OBJECTIVES
- Expanding and valuing short films.
- Highlighting the necessity of developing short films in Islamic countries.
- Supporting production of short films, which revolve around Parity and Prosperity
The Competition will take place in two layers:
- Rest of Asia
- Middle East
- North & South America
- Europe & Australia
REQUIREMENTS FOR DOCUMENTARY SHORT FILM CONTEST
- Documentary short films, which comply with the following requirements, may qualify for the festival’s competitive section:
- Short films with running time ranging from 100 seconds to 05(five) minutes may be involved in the festival.
- The applicants for participation in the festival should fill in a registration form. It is obvious that completing the form means that the participant is the owner of the film and if any legal claim is filed against it, he/she will bear the responsibility and that the festival carries no responsibility for the rights regarding the ownership of films.
- Subjects of Parity and Prosperity Values constitute the salient and main axes of the festival.
- There is no limitation on the films’ techniques.
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR WORKS:
Registration in the festival and uploading the films should be conducted through visiting this website (oicyouthcapital.com/dhaka). The works should be uploaded in the festival’s website for initial examination with qualities ranging from 720p to 1080p, mp4 format and frame rate of 48fps. Please also take note that in case the film is selected to be exhibited in the festival, it should possess these features; quality and frame rate of 1080p and 30fps, respectively. Therefore, the filmmakers should prepare this format in advance. After filling out the registration form (personal information) and uploading the films,the participants would receive a tracking code through an email.
- Defective files and/or formats other than those mentioned here will not be included in the best work selection phase.
- When submitting and uploading files, the film’s title should be written on its folder. Also, the registration code received from the website should be kept.
- If your film is accepted at the final phase, all the complementary information including stage and backstage photos, director’s photos etc. should be delivered to the Secretariat.
There will be two kinds of awards – regional and final for short film contest. A jury board to be constituted by the host Country-Bangladesh and Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF) will select 1st, 2nd and 3rd from each region. It means there will be a total of 18 winners from six regions. Finally, 3(three) winners will be selected from 18 regional winners. All 21 winners (18 from regions and 3 for final contest) will be awarded a verified certificate and a crest along with prize money.
- 1st place: $500
- 2nd place: $ 300
- 3rd place: $ 200
- 1st place: $2500
- 2nd place: $2000
- 3rd place: $1500
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR PARTICIPATION
The following is an explanation of the rules and regulations governing the submission of a film on the website:
- The festival is open to all youth members living in Bangladesh, the Rest of Asia, Africa, the Middle East, North & South America, and Europe & Australia regions between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Participation is open to public and free of charge.
- Films ascending to the regional final stage of the contest will receive a Participation Certificate.
- Entrants should submit only one film for the festival.
- Films, which fall short of technical and display standards, will be removed from the contest.
- The festival’s secretariat bears no responsibility towards damages to works due to failed submission or uploading on the part of participants. Incomplete, defaced or incorrectly completed entries will not be accepted.
- After the films are submitted to the festival, they cannot be excluded from it.
- Completion of participation application form means all the rules and regulations are accepted by the participants.
- The process of sending films to the secretariat is one-staged and submitted files are directly and unchangeably judged.
- The works may not be changed or re-sent at all.
- As regards films produced by more than one director, it is required that an individual be introduced to the festival on behalf of directing group.
- The presence of selected producer or his/her representative at the closing ceremony is required to pay homage to the festival and receive the award.
- The secretariat of film festival shall bear the complete costs of round-trip tickets, accommodation and foods of international winners of final round in order to participate in award ceremony.
- Films that have previously been short-listed as finalists at previous OIC Youth Capital film festivals will not be considered for the festival.
- Film must be no older than one year from the date of submission.
- A submission can be in their original language or in any language and if this language is other than English, the film must be subtitles in English. During your submission, you may submit a translation in a separate document in English.
- The submitter be responsible for obtaining all necessary permission to participate in the film festival event and the film does not infringe the rights, including copyright and moral, of any third party.
- Submitting of the films eligible will be informed before the beginning of the selection process through Dhaka OIC Youth Capital 2020 International Program website or social media platforms.
- A panel of jury will view and shortlist films from eligible entries on regional basis and will make the final selection from the shortlist entries. The films judged First, Second & Third may be screened in the Closing Ceremony.
- Shortlisted entrants and winners will be notified by phone and/or e-mail.
- Dhaka OIC Youth Capital 2020 Secretariat, in its sole discretion, disqualify a film from the festival if the Secretariat has reason to belief that a film does not, for any reason, comply with and has breached any of the General Regulations for participation in the festival. As regards unexpected cases, which are not included in the present regulations, the decision of the Secretariat will be final.
- Last date of registration for entrants: 14 April, 2021 at 23:59 (GMT+6, Dhaka Time)
- Deadline for submission: 25 April 2021 at 23:59 (GMT+6, Dhaka Time)
- Announcement of winners: 20 May 2021 at 23:59 (GMT+6, Dhaka Time)
For submission: www.dhaka.oicyouthcapital.com