OIC Knowledge Master
One of the main difficulties the youth face nowadays is making right decisions fast. Being able to make the right decisions fast could save them a lot of time which they could use in shaping the decisions better afterwards. To break this stiffness and help the youth making most of their time during this COVID-19 pandemic, the OIC Knowledge Master quiz competition is going to be organized in participation with the youth of the OIC Member States and representatives from the Muslim communities of the non-OIC Member States. This competition will also help to address our Honorable Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina’s call to engage youths with decision-making, ideas and innovations to build a resilient and sustainable future for all.
This year’s celebrations come at a time when the whole world is fighting one common enemy, the COVID-19 pandemic where youths have been the most affected in this crisis situation as they are the most active stakeholders in the society in terms of productivity, mobility and interaction, so this COVID-19 crisis is disruptive in terms of their lifestyle and prospects for their future. With most educational institutions being closed and with restrictions on travel, physical activity, and mass gatherings, postponement of events etc., the impact of COVID-19 has had major implications for all youths, especially the students. These implications can have commensurate psychological consequences. To help the students deal with these challenges as well as to polish up their Critical Thinking skill and help them develop a healthy and competitive mind, “OIC Knowledge Master” quiz competition will completely take place online to connect the youths from all over the world.
Dhaka OIC Youth Capital 2020 believes that each new life comes with a potential and a promise. Thus, as one of the mega events of Dhaka OIC Youth Capital 2020, “OIC Knowledge Master” could offer the youth a great platform to showcase their knowledge and skill as well as offer them the opportunity to connect and buildup networks with their global counterparts to build a resilient and sustainable future for all.
- To help the young participants improve or expand their knowledge of things, either general or in specific area
- To promote the history and diverse cultures of Bangladesh and the nations from the OIC region and beyond
- To provide the global youth an opportunity to learn about the life of Bangabandhu and get inspired to build their life based on his ideology
- To promote a fun way of studying and in the process help improve one’s general knowledge
- To enable young participants to think from different angles or simply ‘to think out of the box’
- To aid in language development and in particular subject areas of study
- To provide the youth a platform where they can assess or measure their growth in the knowledge, abilities and / or skills either on a general level or restricted to specific fields for instance: History, Culture, Science etc.
- To conduct an event where it’s fun to participate in but with a competitive element
- To promote harmony and inclusiveness among the youths from different regions and backgrounds
- To promote a healthy debate amongst participants in order to learn from each other
- To help the young participants build soft skills
COMPETITION FORMAT: The competition will take place in two layers: Regional and International.
Regional Level: In the Regional Level, participants will be selected from each of the following regions:
- Middle East
- Rest of Asia
- North America
International Level: Selected participants from the Regional Level will compete together in the International Level.
COMPETITION MODULE: The Quiz Competition will take place through following rounds:
- Qualifying Round: 100+ (144) participants will be selected for the Qualifying Round, commemorating the 100th Birth Anniversary of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. Selection will be made based on registrants’ data/information submission quality and/or lottery (if needed).
- Group Round: The Main Stage of the competition will start with this round where a total number of 72 participants will participate in 24 groups. Each group will consist of 3 participants. Top 24 participants from 24 groups will qualify for the Quarter Final round.
- Quarter Final: Top 24 participants from the Group Round will be divided into 8 groups with each group consisting 3 participants each. Top 8 participants from 8 groups will qualify for the Semi Finals.
- Semi Final: Top 8 participants from the Quarter Finals will compete in the Semi Finals. Top 4 will make the Final!
- Final: Top 4 participants from the competition will face off each other in the final.
*Note: Bangladeshi participants will not face each other until the Quarter Final round.
QUIZ FORMAT & RULES
It will be a general quiz with a wide range of topics. There will be five exciting rounds for the quizzing event.
Round 1: General Knowledge
- Each contestant will be asked 3 questions of 10 marks each. Contestants will be given 30 seconds for each question.
- If the contestant fails to answer the question, the question will be passed on to the subsequent contestants.
- Subsequent contestants will be given 15 seconds to answer & will be awarded 5 marks for each correct answer.
Round 2: Bangabandhu & Bangladesh
- There will be 5 questions in this round on Bangladesh and Bangabandhu (Bangabandhu’s life story and his contribution to Bangladesh’s independence and economy as well as world politics).
- 15 marks will be awarded for each correct answer and they will be given 45 seconds for each question.
- If the contestant fails to answer the question, 10 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer and the question will be passed on to the subsequent contestants.
- Subsequent contestants will be given 30 seconds to answer and will be awarded 10 marks for each correct answer. 10 marks will be deducted if their answer is wrong.
Round 3: Knowledge Expert
- Participants will have to choose their favorite subject out of Science, Business Studies and Arts
- Every team will be asked 4 questions from their chosen subjects.
- Participants will be given 30 seconds for each question.
- 15 marks will be awarded for every correct answer.
- 10 marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
Round 4: Take Your Chance
- Every contestant will be asked to identify a historical figure/object. A total duration of 90 seconds will be provided for every question, three hints will be provided after 30 seconds (at 30, 50 and 70 seconds).
- If correct answer is provided after hint 1, then 30 marks will be awarded.
- If correct answer is provided after hint 2, then 20 marks will be awarded.
- If correct answer is provided after hint 3, then 10 marks will be awarded.
- No marks will be deducted in this round.
Round 5: Rapid Fire Round
- Each contestant will be asked 10 questions in 60 seconds in this round.
- 5 marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
- No marks will be deducted in this round.
QUIZ SUBJECTS & TOPICS
- Solar System
- World History
- Islamic Studies
- Religious Affairs
- Human Behavior
- Current Affairs
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)
Arts & Culture
- Arts Studies
- Cultural Studies
- Computer Science
- Medical Science
- Environment Science
- Literary Science
- Analytical Ability
- Logical and Brainteasers
Bangabandhu & Bangladesh
- Bangladesh’s Liberation War
- Bangladesh’s History in Popular Culture
- Historic Sites in Bangladesh
- Bangabandhu and His Patriotism
- Bangabandhu’s Contribution to the Great Liberation War (Bangabandhu and Independence)
- Speech of Bangabandhu
- Bangabandhu’s Leadership Lessons
- Wars and Conflicts
- Famous People
- Geography and Landscape
- Bands and Music
- Managing Technology & Innovation
- Corporate Responsibility, Ethics & Accountability
- Resources Management & Sustainable Development
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Organizational Studies
- Human Resources Management
PARTICIPATION ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Citizens from all over the world
- Ability to communicate in English
- Well conversant in digital technology with good internet connectivity
- Aged between 18–35
- Has sound knowledge and interest in quiz competitions
CONDITIONS AND DISCLAIMER
- Only individual participation is allowed, and individuals must submit data/information as asked in the registration form
- The Contest will be held exclusively in English
- Participation is only open to the eligible people from selected regions
- If there is a tie, then the participant with maximum number of correct answers will be considered as winner
- In case of any disputes, the decision taken by the quizmaster or the quiz organizers shall be considered final
- No electronic gadgets or equipment, written or printed material is allowed during the contest
- If any participant is found misleading the organizer or using unfair means to win, organizers reserve the right to disqualify the team at any stage of the event
- The participants must adhere to the event’s regulations and procedures as stated by the organizing committee
- Organizers hold the right to make changes in the event structure during the event
1st Prize – 2500 USD
2nd Prize – 2000 USD
3rd Prize – 1500 USD
The registration deadline: 20 May 2021