OIC Entrepreneurship, Skills & Employment Camp
OIC Youth Capital, initiated by Istanbul based Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF), an entity affiliated to the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), is the yearly gathering of the youth of the Muslim world that constitutes 1/3 part of 1.5 billion Muslims of the OIC region. The capital aims to bring the youth together through certain activities, conferences, conventions, festivals and other special events. The goals of the initiative are to foster inter-cultural and inter-civilizational diversity and to unite the Muslim youth of the members of OIC countries under one platform to share among themselves and to turn on the Voice of Youth.
Bangladesh joined the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) in 1974 after our great Liberation War under the visionary leadership of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. Since then, Bangladesh has been keeping close relation with all Muslim countries. It has also been playing instrumental role in different activities of OIC and promotes the general interests of Muslim Ummah in different international forums.
The Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF) declared Dhaka as the “OIC Youth Capital 2020” on 25 December 2019, marking a significant recognition for the dynamic and determined leadership of the Honorable Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and her spirited government in the youth sector. The selection of Dhaka as the “OIC Youth Capital 2020” will play a significant role to reflect a positive brand image of Bangladesh globally specially among the youths from all over the world. The convergence of the yearlong events with the grand celebration of the Birth Centenary of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman has amplified its significance to a great extent.
Ten elaborate mega-events and several ancillary events have been designed for celebrating “Dhaka OIC Youth Capital 2020” which will be implemented through eight lead Ministries and Twenty co-lead Ministries round the year.
ENTREPRENEURSHIP, SKILLS & EMPLOYMENT CAMP
This year’s celebrations come at a time when the whole world is fighting one common enemy, the COVID-19 pandemic in its full glare. Based on the world’s demographics, around half of the global population is under 30 years old today. These youth people are the most affected in COVID-19 pandemic as they are the most active stakeholders in the society in terms of productivity, mobility and interaction, so this COVID-19 crisis is disruptive in terms of their lifestyle and prospects for their future. However, challenging times require challenging measures. This crisis has also opened up numerous windows of opportunity for the youth to find alternative means in response to the COVID-19.
Multiple elaborate mega events have been designed for celebrating “OIC Youth Capital 2020” where Entrepreneurship, Skills & Employment Camp is one of it. This is a knowledge sharing program where the youth Citizen of the OIC Member countries or representative of a Muslim community in a non-OIC Member State will participate. An award function will be held at the end of the national quiz competition, where selected winners will receive award & certification.
Youth from all over the world often come up with innovative business ideas but fail to execute it for two key reasons – Proper Guidance & The Lack of Funding. By this camp we are planning to eliminate both of these problems and provide the deserving youth with the opportunity to execute their dream business idea. This program is designed in such a way, that it can omit the limitations, encourage youth to improve themselves continuously and prepare themselves to become successful entrepreneurs.
Dhaka OIC Youth Capital 2020 is particularly important in the COVID-19 and post-COVID recovery and reconstruction of an equitable global economic order. It emphasizes on the leadership, vision, ideation and imagination of the youth for constructing an innovative, resilient, and inclusive narrative to ensure a leadership position in the affairs of the world. Dhaka OIC Youth Capital 2020 believes that each new life comes with a potential and a promise. Thus, it is a perfect platform that can engage youths with decision-making, ideas and innovations to build a resilient and sustainable future for Youth.
Entrepreneurship, Skills & Employment Camp aims to create a platform to bring together IT startups and potential youth for job market from Bangladesh and other OIC Member States, investors, mentors, founders, governmental authorities, international institutions, ecosystem influencer, and sectoral partners within OIC global network. By training pre-seed/seed/early-stage startups, ESEC will increase their knowledge on the market, business model, and enhance their presentation, management and networking skills.
- Train the Youth According to Their Needs
- Provide Professional Guidance
- Create Global Connections
- Improve Decision Making Skill
- Provide Necessary Training to Improve Employability Skills
By this competition, we want to engage youths with decision-making, ideas and innovations to build a resilient and sustainable future.
- Ministry of Youth and Sports
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Department of Youth Development, MoYS
- Youth Powerhouse Platform
- University Grants Commission of Bangladesh (National League)
- Entrepreneurs Association of Bangladesh
- Bangladesh Federation of Women Entrepreneurs
- Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA)
- Bangladesh Knitwear Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BKMEA)
- Federation of Bangladesh Chambers of Commerce & Industries (FBCCI)
- Junior Chamber International (JCI)
- EO, Bangladesh
Main verticals of the ESE Camp (Entrepreneur)
- Smart Cities & Clean Tech
- Smart Logistics (Micromobility & Delivery)
- TravelTech and Cross Border
Main verticals of the ESE Camp (Employment)
- Interview Skills
- Preparing for the workplace
- Digital Marketing
- Ability to work under pressure
We will prepare the registration form in a such way that we can easily filter the deserving participants for the workshops. We will receive registration in two categories (Entrepreneurship, Employment). We will select 50 in Entrepreneurship category and 50 in Employment catergory, who will get three days’ grooming session. After that we will select 10 from Entrepreneurship and 10 from Employment category of these 100 participants for the final by taking quizzes on the discussed topics, and they will directly participate in the global final. These 20 selected participants will receive an award and every participate will receive certification for participation.
We will select 30 participants from 5 other regions (06 per region) in 2 categories (Entrepreneurs and Employment) after reviewing the applications. Total 50 participants will receive the international trainings and workshops. After the final pitching session in front of the investors and the jury board, the VCs and angel investors will pick up 5 startups for the early-stage investment.
|Number of Participants
- The camp will be implemented under Dhaka OIC Youth Capital 2020 initiatives and will be held in online platforms.
- The camp is planned for three months: between March 2021 – May 2021.
- The target group is pre-seed/seed/early-stage Startups and potential youth for job market.
- Total 50 Participants will be selected in which 30 will be for Entrepreneurship and 20 for Employment.
- The aim is training 50 early/seed stage startups and potential youth for job market with a 7-day online training, preparing them for the pitching session to select the best ten amongst them.
- Afterwards, preparing these 10 startups for the final demo day with 3-days online workshop.
- The ultimate aim is to pick up 5 most successful startups and match them with angel / seed investors.
- Applications will be open for 1 month, in order to reach the best startups.
- All applicants will be asked to upload a preliminary business plan.
- The selection will be done with a professional support.
- The target of the first selection is to pick up the best 50 startups for the 7-day online training.
- After 7-day training, an online pitching session in front of the professional jury will take place.
- The best 10 will be selected among the 50 startups for the 3-days online workshop.
- In the final pitching session, the floor will be given to the 10 startups in front of the investors and the jury.
- Lastly, VCs, angel investors will pick up 5 startups for the early-stage investment.
WHO CAN APPLY
- Citizen of the OIC Member States or representative of a Muslim community in a non-OIC Member State.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Well conversant in digital technology with good internet connectivity.
- Aged between 18–35.
PRIZE MONEY FOR INTERNATIONAL LEVEL WINNERS
- Champion 2500 USD
- 1st Runner-Up 2000 USD
- 2nd Runner-Up 1500 USD